The message relating to missing ATM transactions is not the only novelty introduced by the last update for theIO app in relation to Cashback. There is another, hidden among the menus: it is the one linked to the addition of payment methods and more in detail to the applications through which you can carry out the expenses in the shops accruing the reimbursement of 10%.
ME and Cashback: when will Google Pay and Apple Pay support?
By opening the "Wallet" section of IO, pressing the "+ Add" button at the top of the interface, then "Payment method" and finally "Apps and digital payment tools", you are in front of the screen visible in the screenshot below.
Until yesterday the message shown was different.
It should be noted that BANCOMAT Pay was already present in the list of the first affiliated issuers participating in the initiative. Still absent instead Google Pay e Apple Pay, but today's little news could be an indication that something is moving in the right direction despite the fact that it is currently impossible to estimate a precise timing. Support continues to be expected within the year according to the official FAQ.
… Other payment systems, such as Google Pay and Apple Pay (on the IO app from 2021).
Me and Cashback: which payment apps do you support?
We close with a summary of the payment app compatible with IO and with the State Cashback, referring to the support page (updated on 15/01/2021).
- Apple Pay: you cannot pay on IO, you cannot participate in Cashback;
- PAY ATM: you cannot pay on IO, you can participate in the Cashback;
- Google Pay: you cannot pay on IO, you cannot participate in Cashback;
- PayPal: you cannot pay on IO, you cannot participate in the Cashback;
- Samsung Pay: you cannot pay on IO, you cannot participate in Cashback;
- Satispay: you cannot pay on IO, you can participate in the Cashback;